RPCentral

Login?

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

RPCentral

Login?

RPCentral

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RPCentral

An assortment of role-plays for any savvy person, plus chatting, talking, and just plain being stupid!

Keywords

Latest topics

» Don't know how to role-play, or confused on terms?
Don't know how to role-play, or confused on terms? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 7:07 pm by Cassi

» Role-play Rules
Don't know how to role-play, or confused on terms? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 6:31 pm by Cassi

» Suggestions, Comments, and Questions.
Don't know how to role-play, or confused on terms? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 6:00 pm by Cassi

» RPCentral.com
Don't know how to role-play, or confused on terms? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 5:57 pm by Cassi

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

free forum

Similar topics

Don't know how to role-play, or confused on terms?

Cassi
      Cassi
      Admin
      Admin

Don't know how to role-play, or confused on terms? Empty Don't know how to role-play, or confused on terms?

Post by Cassi Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:07 pm

Role-playing is really simple. All you need to know is how to spell, good punctuation and grammar, and if you are needed to write big paragraphs or one liners. Usually the maker of the RP will tell you what sort of spelling, grammar, punctuation, and paragraph you need to make in their rules, or by using words like semi-literate, semi-cultivated, or illiterate, literate, advanced, no knowledge required, etc. If they don't say anything, it's their own fault.

But everyone deserves to be a good RPer! It may be easy for you to tlk liek dis, but it's not nice looking, and it annoys others. Try slowing down when you type and if you have spell check or word, try running it through those before you post.
      Consider these two posts:

1. flampa wlked down te padthwy nd sniffd why r it stinky hr? he askd, lookin at his mntor silver fur, bein stpid.

2. Flamepaw quickly padded down the dark, cold ground that was called a pathway. Why was it so dreary and scary looking? "It stinks in this part of the forest," he mewed, turning around to his mentor, Silverfur, who was padding behind carefully. It wasn't an comment that was just thrown out there, Flamepaw wanted to phrase it as a question, but it didn't come out that way. Glancing over at Silverfur, Flamepaw wanted to make sure that his mentor did snap and mew something along the lines of, "Stop being a kittypet and get over it!" that wasn't what the flame-red apprentice wanted, so he kept shut.

Now, it's easy what one had more work put into it. Usually the people who post long things like this get high positions, and are respected, sometimes even asked if they could help other members with their role-playing. Though it may take a second longer to read the nicer one, it makes you more connected with the persons character.

Some things to remember; When your making your character talk you need to use these things called quotations (" ") one at the start of what your character is saying, and one at the end when he/she is done. That way, the other RPers know what your saying, and what your character is not. If you don't use quotations, people get fed up. Also, if you want to talk to another RPer outside of the RP, but in the same place, use these things called paranthases (sp) < the things I put around the letters sp (since I didn't know how to spell the word before it) are paranthases (sp), they not only indicate that your talking outside the RP, but your saying something important. If you don't particularily like using those, use the letter OCC: which means, 'out of character,' and say what your going to say. When your going to start RPing, use the letters BIC: 'back in character' so you indicate your done. Try to remember to use periods, also (.) because then people know when your starting and stopping. Comma's (,) are also helpful.

So if you put all this together, and hard-work, you get a nice post!